Italian Cream Cake recipe
Italian cream cake is so easy and so good. This recipe is hard to find so here it is.
You cannot go wrong with this classic! It is a great addition to any gathering!
It is one of my most popular keto cake recipes and with good reason.
Let me show you how to make it. I will show you step by step recipe and how to make it.
Ingredients required for Italian Cream Cake:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5eggs, room temperature*, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2(8- ounce) blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, plus more for garnish, if desired
How to prepare Italian Cream Cake:
- Firstly we have to preheat our oven to 325F and then take 3 cake pans and grease it with cooking spray.
- Then cut parchment paper into 3 round shapes to fit in the bottoms of the pans.
- Then place this parchment paper into pans and coat it with baking spray.
- Take a bowl and add oil, butter, and sugar and mix well with a hand mixer or electric mixer till well combined.
- Then add egg yolks and combine them till it turns smooth scraping the sides of the bowl as required.
- Then add almond extract, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well till well combined.
- Then we have to add flour and buttermilk in rotated additions from the beginning and ending with flour and mix well till it turns into a smooth shape and well combined.
- Then add crushed coconut and pecans and set it aside.
- Take a clean bowl and add cream of tartar and egg whites and mix well till well combined and beat this mixture for 5 to 7 minutes till stiff peaks form.
- Then fold the egg whites into the cake batter till well combined.
- Pour the batter into 3 cake pans and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely and then transfer it to the serving plate.
- Take a large bowl and add cream cheese and butter and with the help of a hand, mix well till well combined or make it smooth.
- Then add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Then add vanilla extract, almond extract, and chopped pecans and make a creamy paste.
- Place one cake on a cake plate and cover the top with a cup of frosting and spread carefully.
- Top with another cake and repeat the process.
- Top with another cake layer and top with the remaining frosting.
- You can top it with chopped pecans.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional Information for Italian Cream Cake:
- slice (109g )
- Calories from Fat 211. Calories 413.
- 35% Total Fat 23g.
- 55% Saturated Fat 11g.
- 29% Cholesterol 87mg.
- 9% Sodium 213mg.
- 3% Potassium 109mg.
- 16% Total Carbohydrates 47g.