GeM full from
Goverment E-Marketplace is the full form of GeM
Definition of Gem portal
Government E-Marketplace (GeM) is an online market where sellers can sell their products to any government department as per the requirement of the administrative sectors. The goverment E-Marketplace (GeM) established on the 9th of August 2016. E-Commerce businesses increase their goodwill these days that’s the reason government creates the GeM portal through which, any seller can connect and grow their business with the government and get various types of benefits. On 30th August 2021, 28,300 artisans and 1,49,422 weavers registered themselves on the GeM portal. The central Government-linked all the government departments with the GeM portal through which they can purchase services and goods with this portal. The main thing about this portal is sellers /buyers get online service. GeM has earned more popularity in recent times and it will be developed in the upcoming days as per the requirement of the government or entrepreneurs.
If you want to start your business in the GeM you have to register yourself under this portal as a seller or as a buyer after that you are able to do business with this portal. This is the most crucial step without registration you cant sell or buy any products on GeM.
Registration process on the GeM portal :
Here we will explain all the essential things. Now you have to know the registration process under the GeM portal.
- Step 1: Visit Gem portal to register yourself.
- Step 2: Now you will get a new page where you have to fill up the form.
- Step 3: Fill up the form heedfully and before submitting the form check it once again.
- Strep 4: After the form fillup you have to make a successful payment.
- Step 5: you will get different types of a payment gateway so you can choose any of them that you want.
- Step 6: You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number or your registered email id.
- Step 7: Our executive will contact you to collect that OTP which you have to share with our executive.
- Step 8: Now your registration is completely done.
- Step 9: After registration, you will get your GeM seller id and login credential on your registered email address.
- Step 10: Within 2-3 days you will get your GeM certificate.
- Step 11: You have to do your catalog listing which product you want to sell where you have to adduce the quantity, price, etc.
Now you are able to sell your product to the government.
Documents for GeM registration:
Now we talk about the documentation and which types of documents are required here for the GeM registration.
- You should have a pan card.
- MCA registration is also important (governments ministry of corporate affairs)
- Value-added tax (VAT) number.
- TIN number(tax information number) is a unique registration number that is basically used to get tax-related information across the country
- Bank account ( the account had to link with the gem portal )
- KYC documents ( passport /voter id / identification proof [aadhar card] / driving license)
- Residence proof
- The mobile number must be linked with your aadhar card.
- All the product and service listings should be done after successfully updating the profile.
GeM registration status
After reading this article you must have an idea about the Gem portal. here we have explained all the information on this topic. This article should be informative if you want to get register under the GeM portal for your business. Our experienced experts will assist you to get register yourself with GeM. You will get the best service and experience. if you have any quires you should comment below and if you like the entire information you can share this article.