Apple recently introduced the new Apple Watch and a new fitness app to help measure workouts. In this post, Jay explains how he started an exercise routine which includes simple step-by-step directions on how to get started with a workout.
Choose a Workout
- Choose a Workout
- Set Some Goals
- Track Your Progress
Work Out Timer
- One of the best ways to ensure success with your Apple Watch fitness plan is to use the Workout Timer app. This app allows you to set a timer for your workouts, so you can keep track of how long you’re working out for. There’s also a built-in stopwatch so you can track your progress over time.
- Another great way to stay on track with your fitness plan is to use the Activity app. This app tracks your activity level throughout the day and gives you a goal to reach for each day. It also keeps track of your steps, so you can see how active you are.
- Finally, it’s important to set yourself some realistic goals. If you only want to lose a few pounds, don’t set yourself a goal of losing 100 pounds in a month. Set realistic goals that you can achieve, and don’t get discouraged if you don’t reach them right away. Just keep working at it and you’ll eventually get there!
Workout Day vs Week View
- One of the first things you should do when setting up your fitness plan with your new Apple Watch is to decide which view you want to use: workout day or week.
- If you want to see your progress on a daily basis and receive immediate feedback on your workouts, then the workout day view is for you.
- However, if you want to be able to see how your workouts fit into the bigger picture of your overall fitness goals, then the week view may be a better option.
- You can always switch between the two views depending on your needs at any given time.
- Whichever view you choose, make sure to take advantage of all the features your Apple Watch has to offer in order to help you reach your fitness goals.
Activity ring trackerOne of the best ways to ensure success with your fitness plan is to use the activity ring tracker on your Apple Watch. This tracker keeps track of your movements and displays them as three separate rings. The first ring tracks how many calories you’ve burned, the second tracks how much exercise you’ve done, and the third tracks how many steps you’ve taken. To use the activity ring tracker, simply open the Activity app on your Apple Watch. Then, select the “Workout” option. Here, you can choose which type of workout you’d like to track. Once you’ve selected a workout, the activity rings will appear on your watch face. Simply complete your workout and check your progress afterwards! The activity ring tracker is a great way to stay motivated and on track with your fitness goals. By seeing your progress displayed in front of you, you’ll be more likely to stick with your plan and achieve your goals!
Heart Rate Monitor
- Be sure to use your heart rate monitor when working out with your Apple Watch. This will help you to ensure that you are getting the most effective workout possible.
- Choose a workout plan that is tailored to your specific fitness goals. This will help you to stay on track and motivated.
- Make sure to warm up before starting your workout. This will help reduce the risk of injury and help you get the most out of your workout.
- cool down after your workout is just as important as warming up. This will help your body to recover from the workout and reduce the risk of soreness.
- Be sure to monitor your progress over time so that you can see how much progress you are making towards your fitness goals. This will help you to stay motivated and on track.