Gulvkbh perform floor planning and floor sanding in Copenhagen, we are a well-established older family-owned company, where customer satisfaction and good craftsmanship are highly valued. As a small flooring company, it is important that you are fully satisfied so that we may get your recommendation. We have worked with sanding and planning for more than 25 years and gathered experience which we make available to you when you choose us as your Floor Service Company.
Over the years, we have developed special methods to achieve really good results, no matter what type of flooring we are presented with – and what you want as the final result you have the know-how it takes to get a great result that lasts for many years. We have the latest machines in grinding that ensure the best possible result and most gentle grinding for e.g. (not solid) parquet floors. We cover the whole of Zealand and are very happy to come by Copenhagen with an extra good price – just call and hear if we are in your area soon.
Information on floor sanding and floor planning:
There is a big difference between a planning and a sanding. The planning is coarser and harder at the surface of the wood and requires a solid floor, for a good result. The sanding is more gentle and takes less of the surface, but cannot remove deep scratches and discolorations in the same way as a planning.
- Laminate floors cannot be sanded
- Parquet floors can be sanded if they have not been before
- Solid floors can be both planed and sanded several times
- Get an offer for sanding or planning with subsequent quality treatment – click here or call tel .: +45 27 40 50 60
We have an office close to Copenhagen Center and are happy to come by and inspect the task before the offer.
How to carry out a floor sanding in Copenhagen
Gulvafslibning København Are you going to start sanding your wooden floor? Then we have made a guide that you can follow and thus ensure that you get a really nice result, which you can look forward to after finishing work. Before you get started, be aware that it is a job that is dusty and noisy and requires precision and perseverance. But it’s all worth it when you see the beautiful freshly sanded floor.
Do-It-Yourself Floor Sanding
Below we have prepared a guide that you can follow when you need to sand your floor. First, get ready for sanding. When you pick up the rented grinders, the taximeter starts and it is therefore important that you can get started immediately:
Preparation and preparation
- The floor must first be washed and cleaned. The cracks must also be cleaned – keep the vacuum cleaner pipe close to the crack and use a hobby knife to clean the cracks. It is very inconvenient to grind dirt into the wood. Cleaning is therefore important.
- Glue residues and putty etc. must be scraped away; otherwise it may damage the sandpaper.
Screws and nails must be screwed down or dipped two to three millimeters, respectively. Otherwise, they also ruin the sandpaper. Loose widths must be attached.
It is necessary to thoroughly uncover the other rooms of the house. Tape plastic firmly over doorways, otherwise there is dust everywhere in drawers and cabinets. If necessary, hang a semi-wet sheet in front of the door as well. It is good for catching dust.
- It is best to remove the panels so it is possible to get into the wall when sanding.
Sand the edges first
- Look at the floor and assess what grain size to start with. If there is varnish on the floor, start with grain 24, if it is without varnish, start with grain 40.
Start with the edge sander along all the walls. Sand until you see clean wood. You capture the innermost centimeters by turning the edge grinder on the wall perpendicular.
To get right into the corners, use a triangle grinder.
Use the large sander
- Hang the cord up in the ceiling in a hook. Use sandpaper with grains 24 to 40. Start by sanding the floor. Sand as evenly and evenly as possible. If you have a very uneven floor, you can start by sanding diagonally on the floor.
- Never let the roller run when the machine is stationary. Then it will dig itself into floors and leave a mark. Start pulling the machine backwards before lowering the roller again.
- The floor is sanded until it is smooth and the wood is clean. Occasionally, turn the machine, drive forward, and reverse in the opposite direction so that the wood can be sanded close to the wall.
Grinding number two
- Now dust must be swept up so that there is no dirt, paint residue etc. in the way of further grinding.
- After coarse sanding with grain 24, proceed to sanding with a finer sanding pair on grain 60. It should remove the sanding marks left by the first sanding. You do not do the edges anymore until the end. Read more on this website.
The next sanding is done with grain 100, which removes the sanding marks left by grain 60 the sanding. Make sure to move the machine as evenly as possible.
- The final sanding is done with grain 120. For each grain size, the floor is run over many times.
- Now the edges need to be smoothed out. Here you start with grain 60, then 100 and finally grain 120. For each end of the room, the floor sander has left approx. 10 cm, which has only been obtained with grain 24 or grain 40. The area that is only coarsely sanded must first be sanded down to the level of the rest of the floor and then run around the entire edge with finer and finer sandpaper.
Do you need floor planning or floor sanding in Copenhagen?
Do you need a round of floor planning and floor sanding in Copenhagen for the old floor at home. Then it is also possible to order online today.